The Academic Board of the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro has renamed the Dean, School of Management Studies Prize Award for the Best HND Graduand in the School of Management Studies after Mr Clement Olusegun Adebari.
According to Mr. Sola Abiala, Deputy Registrar, Public Relations, the award will henceforth be known as C. O. Adebari Institutional Prize Award for the Best Graduand in the School of Management Studies.
The Rector, Arc. (Dr.) O. O. Aluko made this pronouncement during the Valedictory Academic Board meeting held in honor of the retiring Mr. Clement Olusegun Adebari whose last day in office was Friday, 5th July, 2019, having clocked the mandatory retirement age of 65 years.
According to the Rector, this will immortalize the name of BABA ADEBARI (as he is fondly called) who has put in an unquantifiable, qualitative and meritorious services to the Polytechnic.
Dr. Aluko and other members of the Board who showered encomiums on Mr Adebari unanimously recognized the humility, dedication to service and honesty amongst other virtuous characteristics of Mr Adebari regretted that the exit of the retiree has created another big vacuum which might be very difficult to fill in the institution.
Mr. Adebari who joined the services of the institution (twice, first in December 1979 and October 1983) as a Lecturer II in the department of Business Administration had his (abridged) career progression in the Polytechnic as follows.
• Appointed as member of the Institution’s Academic Board between 1st January and December, 1985
• He was appointed as a member of the Examination Committee from 1984/85 – 1985/86 Academic Sessions.
• His appointment was confirmed as Lecturer II on 1st October, 1985.
• He was promoted from Lecturer II to Lecturer I with effect from 1st January, 1987.
• He bagged the Associate membership of the Nigerian Institute of Management on 25th February, 1988.
• Promoted to Senior Lecturer Cadre with effect from 1st January, 1991.
• Appointed as HOD, Business Administration – 1991
• Appointed as Director of Industrial Services now Poly Consult between 14th August, 1995 and 13th August, 1997.
• Promoted as Principal Lecturer with effect from 1st January, 1995.
• Appointed as Director, School of Management Studies on 4th December, 1995.
• He became the HOD, Business Studies alongside Business Administration Department on 6th December, 1995.
• Promoted to Chief Lecturer on 1st January, 1999.
• Appointed as Deputy Rector from 17th August, 2001 to 3rd February, 2003.
• Became the Acting Rector on 3rd February, 2003.
• Membership of Staff Development. Committee – 4th June, 2006.
• Appointed as HOD, Business Administration and Management – 1st April, 2006 – 31st March, 2010.
• Chairman, Committee on Investigative Panel on a Letter of “SAVE OUR SOUL”. – 22nd June, 2010
• Member, Staff Development Committee – 24th June, 2010, 27th October, 2014
• Chairman, Institutional Accreditation Committee – 15th March, 2012, 27th October, 2014 – to date
• Chairman, Medical Management Committee – 27th October, 2014
• Member, Committee on Nomination of Academic Staff for Lecturer/Researcher of the Year – 8th September, 2016.
• Member, Staff Development Committee – 29th December, 2017 – Date.
Although Mr. Adebari excelled in all his assigned responsibilities, of particular note is his achievements as the Chairman of the Institutional Accreditation Committee where he secured the Accreditation of not less than twelve new programs and the re-accreditation of almost all programs of the institution, both at the National and the Higher National Diploma levels.
The Public Relations Unit, is, on behalf of the Polytechnic community wishing Mr. Adebari a rewarding and stress-free retirement life and a happy 65th birthday anniversary.