Tuesday , June 15 2021
Home / HEADLINE / 2020 Pilgrimage To Mecca, Saudi Asks Muslims To Wait For Coronavirus Clarity

2020 Pilgrimage To Mecca, Saudi Asks Muslims To Wait For Coronavirus Clarity

SAUDI ARABIA: The Saudi Arabia Minister for Hajj and Umrah, Dr. Muhammad Salih bin Taher Banten, has asked Muslims to wait for more clarity on the coronavirus pandemic before planning any travel for pilgrimage.

The Minister who told Al-Ekhbariya TV on Tuesday, March 31, 2020 said, “We’ve asked the world not to rush with regards to Hajj groups until the path of the epidemic becomes clear, keeping in mind the safety of pilgrims and public health as a priority.

“We have coordinated with the Ministry of Health an inspection tour of hotels that were used for health isolation to ensure that all services and care are provided to pilgrims”.

The largest annual gathering of Muslims is scheduled to begin in late July, but the coronavirus outbreak and Saudi Arabia’s lockdown to prevent the spread of the virus has raised questions about whether it can go ahead.

The Kingdom has already suspended Umrah pilgrimage until further notice, halted all international passenger flights indefinitely and last week blocked entry and exit to several cities, including Makkah and Madinah.

There have been 10 deaths reported among 1,563 cases of coronavirus in Saudi Arabia, which has infected some 800,000 people globally and killed more than 40,000.

 

About Idowu Hamed

Publisher and Editor in Chief - Magazine and Online Tel: 08038525526 - 08023339764 - 08055657329 Email: startrendinter@gmail.com